Failed to initialize hal, no mouse nor keyboard.

Daniel E. Rozo L. dani_rolo7 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 19 14:14:59 UTC 2009

Greatings, everyone.

First of all, excuse me for my poor English.

Now, I'll give you a little introduction history:

I've been with Jaunty since Alpha 5, worked good. When the RC came out, I installed it, everything went good with and Ext4 root partition. When I was going to install mi wi-fi drivers (a Dell 1390 mini-pci card, known better as a Bcm43xx) the driver that I always use wasn't in my hardware controllers avalible list, there only was the STA driver, which I don't use because it doesn't work with Wicd. Anyway, I had a solution for that, installing the firmware with a .deb package (fwcutter_b43), I've always done this to get my b43 driver in that list. So the installation of that package went well, suddenly the led turned on, and Ubuntu adviced me that the driver was already installed...So I rebooted but the led didn't turn off, it was on even while Grub was loading.

I decided to reinstall, but the error was still there, this thing didn't let me connect with an other usb wi-fi that I have, neither with an usb cable to the router.

I've reinstalled everything, Ubuntu, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Open Solaris, Pc-BSD, finally I got rid of that error and now I'm able to connect to the internet via Usb wifi, not my integrated wi-fi card, but I can only do it on a Live session because on my installed version I get the "failed to initialize hal" error message.

Any ideas of what's happenning? I'm loosing my mind here with Ubuntu...

Thanks for reading.

With kind regards, Daniel.