All in one printers

dwain dwain.alford at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 05:49:13 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 10:26 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I recommend staying far away from Epson; they have several issues: 1)
> when a single ink cartridge is out the printers won't work, even if the
> others are full of ink (at least on the cheaper models), 2) their ink is
> expensive, and 3) they actually have an EOL (End Of Life) 'expiration'
> policy on their printers:

granted, epson ink is expensive, but i found a place called
think4inc.comthat sells ink for this printer at a fraction of the cost
of an epson
cartridge.  now i wouldn't buy discount ink on a printer under warranty, but
my warranty ran out in 2000.  and yes, when the black or color cartridge
runs out an indicator light comes on, the printer won't print and i have to
change the cartridge.  no nag screen like on an hp that tells you the ink is
low.  i own a hp printer and i do like the fact that if the black cartridge
runs out it will still print (black), but that uses a lot of color ink.

<snip></snip>

> Was given a nearly new epson inkjet (one of those that were included in
> a 'buy this PC & printer is included bundle), and finally figured out
> that the thing won't work if one of the ink carts is empty - even if the
> black ink is full. They seem to work on the 'sell the razor blade'
> marketing/manufacturing premise... I'll *never* buy an Epson product
> again (my opinion).

my cousin works for hp and told me they were the ones who invented the
inkjet printer.  they do make a good product and it seems to be supported
very well for linux.  too bad other printer manufacturers, as well as other
hardware manufacturers, don't support linux to a greater degree.

cheers,
dwain

--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God.  " - Kahlil Gibran