Lightning Adjustments

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 19 00:39:51 UTC 2009

On 04/17/2009 11:45 PM, Avraham Hanadari wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> On 04/17/2009 06:27 AM, Avraham Hanadari wrote:
>>> I have a small problem with Lightning in Thunderbird. I have not been
>>> able to set it to a 24 hour clock, nor change the date presentation from
>>> the US style M/D/Y to the more standard D/M/Y. The calendar suggests
>>> editing this file: moz-profile-calendar:// but I've been unable to find it.
>>>
>>> Your help will be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance, Avraham
>>>

>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/2313
>> Homepage
>>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/index.html
>> Support
>>
>> Support for this add-on is provided by the developer at
>> http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/releases/lightning0.9.html
>>
>> is your best bet.
>>

> Thanks for your suggestion. I already have TB in and running. This is
> not a new problem, actually. I recall that the last time I tried Ubuntu
> a year or so ago, the same thing occurred. The developer's page does NOT
> provide for enquiries, only standard prepared suggestions and a bug
> list. This is not a bug, just a limitation to American style settings.
> The Lightning "localisation" is English (United States).
>
> I need someone who has made the change to explain how he/she did it. In
> fact, it might be enough to help me find" moz-profile-calendar://
>
> Thanks in advance, Avraham
>

>From what I can tell, the date/times are obtained from the system
locale. Looking at the code in calTimezoneServer.js bears this out & so
far I see not method to change the option from within lighting. You can
try the calendar user & dev newsgroups & ask there:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/faq.html#DISCUSS.toc
  http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/faq.html#sunbird_news

Just add news.mozilla.org as an newsserver & subscribe to both
mozilla.support.calendar and mozilla.dev.apps.calendar - I'd also
recommend subscribing to mozilla.support.thunderbird and
mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird as well.

The folks in those newsgroups will probably be able to assist much
easier than anyone on this list can.

It's a good question & if you do figure out how to do it, please post
back with the answer.

These might also be of interest/help:

System|Help and Support| - search on LC_TIME and that will bring up the
links to info coreutils (you can read from a terminal: 'info coreutils'
but it's difficult).

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Date_display_format
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Time_and_time_zone_settings