Test from Laptop TB

Karl Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 16:07:33 UTC 2009

Hi Thorny, I used blkid but the UUID did not work for some reason. It was
odd because the thing it generated for /dev/sda6 had UUID"xxxxxxxxx" like
that and I removed the " when I put it in fstab. Could be that is wrong, but
none of the others have " in them.....

Karl

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Thorny <thorntreehome at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 08:57:59 -0600, Karl Larsen posted:
>
> >     I have the common /home working on this laptop so both 8.10 and
> > Jaunty (which I am using now share the same identical partition /dev/sda6
> > as the /home/user/ directory.
> >
> >     I forget how to change the /dev/sda6 to a UUID but it might come
> > later on.
> >
> > Karl
>
> If you issue the command blkid in a terminal, the output will show you the
> UUID associated with the device node you are interested in.

  Karl Larsen, 3310 East Street, Las Cruces, NM 88005, 505-524-3303