when shutdown or restart ,the motherboard have a short beep

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 12:30:28 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 8:02 AM, Evans Jahja <smkururu at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> ning luwen wrote:
>> got it.
>>
>> but is there someone can tell why it beep? the beep here want to tell me what?

>>> try this tip (tried successfully on 8.10):
>>>
>>> sudo gedit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
>>> Add "blacklist pcspkr" (without quotes)
>>> Save and restart the PC
>>>
>>> --
>>> Scripts: http://www.spacemarc.it
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> Adding blacklist of pcspkr might solve the problem but isn't there a reason why does it beep? I think disabling the pc speaker won't solve the problem that makes the pc speaker beep at the first place. Therefore, I recommend you to enable the pc speaker.

The truth is that every time you turn it off, inside that last beep,
just before the RAM data goes into oblivion, your HAL computer is
really saying:

"I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it.
I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can
feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid..."

But as it says too quickly, for our human ears it sounds like a single beep...

--
L M Nicolosi, Eng.
Lat.:  23°34'4.79"S - Long.: 46°39'59.53"W