CD Rom not recognised

Evans Jahja smkururu at rocketmail.com
Sat Apr 18 08:47:18 UTC 2009


MG wrote:
> Please can you tell me how I search for and mount it in the terminal?
>
> On 18/04/2009, Evans Jahja <smkururu at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>   
>> MG wrote:
>>     
>>> How do I get Ubuntu to read my CD Rom?????
>>> mount it???
>>>
>>>
>>>       
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>       
>>> How do I get Ubuntu to read my CD Rom?????
>>> mount it???
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>       
>> Yup
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> ubuntu-users mailing list
>> ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>>
>>     
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Please can you tell me how I search for and mount it in the terminal?
>>
>> On 18/04/2009, *Evans Jahja* <smkururu at rocketmail.com 
>> <mailto:smkururu at rocketmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>
>>     MG wrote:
>>     > How do I get Ubuntu to read my CD Rom?????
>>     > mount it???
>>     >
>>     >
>>
>>     >
>>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>     >
>>     > How do I get Ubuntu to read my CD Rom?????
>>     > mount it???
>>     >
>>     >
>>     >
>>
>>     Yup
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>     --
>>     ubuntu-users mailing list
>>     ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com <mailto:ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>>     Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>     https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>>
>>
First, you'll need to know where's your CD Rom (yes, I know it's on your 
computer, but what I mean is something like '/dev/sdc1')
Assuming the drive is '/dev/sdc1' then type this in terminal:
sudo mkdir /mount/cdrom/
sudo mount /dev/sdc1 /mount/cdrom/
I think that should do it.






      





More information about the ubuntu-users mailing list