Edubuntu?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 18 01:20:10 UTC 2009

On 04/14/2009 02:59 PM, Ugly Me wrote:
> People and their tendency to put their messages in attachments.
> Anyhow, I read it. Okay. edubuntu.COM instead of .ORG --- almost the same.
> But one option sent me back to Ubuntu where I could download Ubuntu but
> nothing pertaining to Edubuntu.
> Still it's a better offer than I've received so far. Thanks.

I've sent off a note (including an IE6 screenshot) to the website
contact for www.edubuntu.org. I'll let you/list know what the response is.

As an FWI - the main page contains 15 errors and 40 warnings:

<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.edubuntu.org%2F&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0>

so it appears that they need to do some work on cleaning it up.

Note: the easiest way to add edubuntu less the website is to first
install Ubuntu, then simply add the meta package via Synaptic or the
command line.

To add via Synaptic:

Edit|Mark Packages by Task| - tick Edubuntu Server and/or Edubuntu desktop.

To add via the cli (see https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tasksel for
added info):

$ sudo tasksel

and select from there.