wireless!

Roy Smith rasmith1959 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 16:08:40 UTC 2009

Raseel Bhagat wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Daniel Dalton
> <daniel.dalton at iinet.net.au <mailto:daniel.dalton at iinet.net.au>> wrote:
>
>     On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 06:54:32PM +0530, Raseel Bhagat wrote:
>     >    If for any reason you are not happy with NetworkManager 0.7.0
>     ( psst..
>     >    they say NM - 0.7.1 in Jaunty is awesome), then I thinkÂ
>
>     I'll certainly give it ago, and see what happens!
>
>     >    as Brian suggested, Wicd is the best.
>     >
>     >    In fact, if you do a lot of switching between SSIDs with
>     various security
>     >    modes like I do, I think Wicd is better than NM.
>
>     Thanks, guess I have to build from source for that?
>

> No. I think you need to add a repo in the source.list file and just
> apt-get it.
> That's how I did it.
> But I think the repo is available for only Interpid.

Really??? I did this in a terminal and here is the result:

roy at looneybin:~$ aptitude show wicd
E: Unable to locate package wicd
roy at looneybin:~$

The only third party repositories I have enabled are for Google,
Griffith, and Medibuntu.  Now maybe if you've enabled the backport
repository you'd find it, but it's not in the "stock" repositories.

--

Roy Smith
Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex