All in one printers

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Fri Apr 17 15:43:53 UTC 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009 11:57:49 pm Al Black wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> Last week or a couple of weeks ago there was a thread about the
> compatibility of different printers with unbuntu along with their
> quality etc...
>
> Anyhow it go me thinking.  I'm looking to buy an all in one network
> inkjet printer over the next little bit.  Is there something people
> would recommend or equally good something to avoid?  (Right now, I'm not
> all keen on Brother.)

Well, HP all-in-ones are dead easy to set up in Kubuntu however, quality seems
to be very much lacking.  I have gone through three since the first of the
year.  I loved the 6480 but it lasted only three weeks.  The two 4680's each
lasted less than two weeks.  None lasted even a quarter way through the
starter ink so it was not from over use.  I now have a Canon MP 620 but it is
not working yet.  Seems close to working but the printer completes the jobs
but doesn't print it.  I don't know why.  I'd recommend avoiding both these
two brands at least until they repair their shortcomings.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org