wireless!

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 17 14:46:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 19:12:22 +0530
Raseel Bhagat <raseelbhagat at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> No. I think you need to add a repo in the source.list file and just
> apt-get it.
> That's how I did it.
> But I think the repo is available for only Interpid.
>
> Thanks,
> Raseel.

From <http://apt.wicd.net>:
Installing Wicd in Ubuntu

If you are using Ubuntu Jaunty (not currently released), Wicd is in the
universe repository.

Installing Wicd in Ubuntu is very simple. You just have to add the Wicd
repository to the Ubuntu package manager. To open the package manager
in Gnome, go to Administration > Synaptic Package Manager. When it
appears, go to Settings > Repositories > Third Party Software > Add...,
and enter the following line:

    deb http://apt.wicd.net hardy extras

where gutsy is your version of Ubuntu in lowercase (dapper, edgy,
feisty, gutsy, hardy, intrepid). You'll also need to add the key used
for signing Wicd by running the following command in a terminal:

    wget -q http://apt.wicd.net/wicd.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -

Now, click Reload, and wait while the package lists are downloaded.
Now, search for "Wicd", and right click on it. Select Install, then
press Apply, and Wicd will automatically be downloaded and installed
for you. This will also keep you automatically up to date with the
latest and greatest version of Wicd. Please note that this will remove
network-manager, which is the default GNOME network manager and may
cause loss of network connection temporarily.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Registered Linux user # 126326
Registered Ubuntu User # 2136