All in one printers

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 17 14:14:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 00:57:49 -0600
Al Black wrote:

> Anyhow it go me thinking.  I'm looking to buy an all in one network
> inkjet printer over the next little bit.  Is there something people
> would recommend or equally good something to avoid?  (Right now, I'm
> not all keen on Brother.)

I have an HP C4485, and have had a lot of grief with it, although
recently I tested the Turboprint driver and things have been OK since.

There have been two kinds of problems, one presumably HP-related and
the other driver-related.

With the former, the machine often reports an "incompatible cartridge"
error even when original HP cartridges are used.

With the latter, after completing a job the printer is reported as still
printing and further jobs are not processed.  This times out after
about 5 minutes.  Since getting Turboprint I've not experienced this.

It scans and copies OK.

- Richard
--
Richard Kimber