All in one printers

Rudi Ahlers rudiahlers at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:01:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 1:48 PM, Matt Harrison
<matt.harrison82 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 7:38 AM, Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ubuntu uses CUPS the Common UNIX Printing System which was originally
>> developed by Apple for Mac OS X and was released as open source.  I've
>> read somewhere that Ubuntu using CUPS supports over 3,000+ printer
>> models out-of-the-box.  Show me a Windows install that does that!
>
> Windows supports thousands of printers out of the box....problem is they are
> all from 1990 or later and you can only find them on Ebay listed as not in
> working condition :)
>

> --

Hi guys,

I'm also looking for a all-in-one printer that works on linux, but I
specifically need the scanner to work on Linux as well. I know some of
the bigger / more expensive HP's can scan over the network,but how
will that work with a Linux network?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers