All in one printers

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 11:38:59 UTC 2009

Ubuntu uses CUPS the Common UNIX Printing System which was originally
developed by Apple for Mac OS X and was released as open source.  I've
read somewhere that Ubuntu using CUPS supports over 3,000+ printer
models out-of-the-box.  Show me a Windows install that does that!

Anywho, I had an HP all-in-one printer/scanner and it worked perfectly
and the older Konica Minota laser printer I got off Craigslist a
couple of months ago also works with Ubuntu without install any
additional drivers at all.  I just plugged it in and it worked, how
easy is that?

That is why I love Linux, it just works.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home