cannot find xen python modules

Ming Chen kingming0811 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 00:58:10 UTC 2009

I use apt-get install ubuntu-xen-server to try to install xen on my laptop.
If I add "splash" in the grub menu, the booting GUI of Ubuntu changes into a
loop of "code_error+0x35/0x40" when "starting hardware abstraction layer".
If I cross out "splash", the booting process reports "cannot find xen python
modules", and then switches into "code_error+0x35/0x40". After all, I cannot
enter GNOME.

I have google a lot, but I still cannot solve it. Could anyone give me some
help? Thanks a lot. I am using Ubuntu 8.04.1 and a DELL XPS laptop. Thanks.