Wireless Internet

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Tue Apr 14 06:03:21 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 14 April 2009, BT Bennett wrote:
> I need help setting up my wireless internet. Also, how do i figure
> out what my SSID, Mode, BSSID, MAC address and MTU is?

Your wireless router (or access point) allows you to define what the
SSID and the type of encrytion you use.  It normally has a web server
built in which you access from a browser.  You can also define whether
it publishes this SSID, so that you can pick it up automatically from
whatever you are trying to connect with.

So access this first and check whether the SSID is being published.
Your ububtu machine should then be able to see it and connect.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk