Fwd: MBR as a constant

Thorny thorntreehome at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 11:39:51 UTC 2009

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 11:51:33 -0500, Allen Meyers posted:
[...]
> Thorny and list
> I was in fact still having some concerns and I guess I did not address
> them being rather reluctant to belabor a point. But out of the blue
> comes Thorny's post and suddenly it was as if a light went on and I
> thank him for that detailed and user friendly response. So for now I
> understand the MBR, and grub and it relationship to my OS and
> partitioning. You all are indeed a great resource and I know I will have
> some questions unrelated to MBR. Right now I am goggling like the
> dickens on how to get to my media partition. So you may get that concern
> as well, but I owe it to myself and you all to learn what I can first.
> Happy Easter and thanks again

Excellent!

You set a good example for us all Allen. You do your research and
understand what you want to do before touching the keyboard, that usually
works better that correcting any mistakes, it's usually easier on people
trying to help you too. Good luck to you.