Failure to index incoming NEW messages in Thunderbird on Linux Ubuntu 7.1]

Ray Edester Ray_Edester at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 11 14:50:58 UTC 2009

Thanks Leonard,

I installed and ran Clamscan.  Yes, pretty slow to complete.

It gave Ubuntu a clean bill of health.

This would seem to indicate my problem is within Thunderbird and not the OS.

I have re-installed it from Synoptic, but may need to delete it manually
and install.
I DO hate to lose my message base, IF indeed that would happen?

Tks again,

Ray