pikkin up n old bone "dial up'

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 10 22:01:46 UTC 2009

On 04/10/2009 04:44 PM, John Heinen wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> On 04/08/2009 07:55 PM, John Heinen wrote:
>>
>>> I have windows and also open suse running just fine but I haver never
>>> been able even with all the {outdated?)  references to get the dial-up
>>> going on ubuntu 8.04-1  / seems to me that all the recources available
>>> do not excactly point the way for a dial-up.
>>> First step: System, adminstratrion, network,  then " A" Wired connection
>>> or B point to point?/
>>>

>> What are the modem details?
>>

> ttyAcm3

Come on John... little help here:

What are the *modem* details?

Certainly you know what type of modem you have, as you said you have it
working under both Window and suse. If you want folks to help you, then
you need to provide some details & information other than 'dial-up'
doesn't work.

Please start by reading the first two links that show up here:
http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=help.ubuntu+%2Bmodem
https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/internet/C/modem-identify.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DialupModemHowto/Modems
and