pikkin up n old bone "dial up'

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Fri Apr 10 17:57:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009, Robert Holtzman wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Apr 2009, John Heinen wrote:
>
>> Robert Holtzman wrote:

>>> I couldn't get it to work with network manager either. I finally
>>> installed gnome-ppp and it worked fine.
>>>

>> How did you install gnome- ppp, is it on a cd such as ubuntu 8.4 or
>> kubuntu 8.04
>
> Same way as any software: apt-get install  or for the cli challenged:
> synaptic.

Oops! It just dawned on me that if you don't have an internet connection
neither of the methods I gave you will work. I don't know if gnome-ppp
is on the cd. You can try it by putting the cd in your sources list. If
it's not there see if a friend can download the package for you and
transfer it on a flash drive to your computer where you can install it.

--
Bob Holtzman
  check the price of the beer"