pull from the autoremove.

habtool habtool at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 07:46:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 08:53 +0300, Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) wrote:
> Hi all,
> Each time I apt-get somthing, I get this:
>
>    The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
>      xscreensaver-gl openoffice.org-draw ...
>    Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
>
> Ok, I understand.
> The problem is 'openoffice.org-draw' and several others are something I need.
> How could I pick 'openoffice.org-draw' and some others from that list and then run 'apt-get autoremove' with just autoremoving the others?
>
> Thank you.
> The fact that some usefull packages are listed in this list prevents me from running 'apt-get autoremove'.
>
> --
>                               Chef de projet chez Vectoris
>                                   Phone: +261 33 11 207 36
> System: xUbuntu 8.10 with almost all from package install
>     http://www.google.com/search?q=mihamina+rakotomandimby

I may be wrong, but I think you can just explicitly install the ones you
want to keep, dpkg then add adds them as installed by the user and not
as a dependency of another program (which this system thinks is now gone
and hence the dependency can be autoremoved).

So type:
sudo apt-get install openoffice.org-draw
(and any others you want to keep on the autoremove list)

Then try:
sudo apt-get autoremove

It should then not include the ones you explicitly installed as above.

Good Luck