Thinkfinger on Jaunty

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Thu Apr 9 22:27:58 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 03:44:44PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> Are there any plans to get Thinkfinger authentication to work on
> Jaunty?

I use it, it works.  Mostly.  There's a weird irritating delay before
and after the "swipe your finger" prompt.

I installed it manually in Intrepid by running the supplied shell script
(the automatic pam integration isn't implemented yet, see bug 273522).
It continues to work after the upgrade from Intrepid to Jaunty.

> On 8.04 it worked without a problem.  On 8.10 it work as expected on
> the console, but with gdm-authentication I had to push 'enter'.

That was https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thinkfinger/+bug/256429
and it was fixed in some packages in a PPA, but I don't think that the
fix made it into Intrepid?

Ah, it didn't even make it into Jaunty!  I still have the
0.3+r118-0ubuntu4~ppa2 version installed.

> In
> 9.04 I could not get finger authentication to work at all.

Works for me with the PPA version.

Marius Gedminas
--
Any sufficiently advanced Operating System is indistinguishable from Linux.
                -- Jim Dennis