Setting up partitions for dual-boot (w/ WinXP) via Intrepid installer

Mike.lifeguard mikelifeguard at fastmail.fm
Thu Apr 9 14:15:51 UTC 2009

Yes, defrag simply moves files around. But 'JkDefrag -a 5' is not really
defragging (in fact the opposite). It is specifically meant to be used
before resizing partitions: it moves everything to the beginning of the
partition (even if that means fragmenting files) so the end of the
partition is a huge empty space and the partition can then be made
smaller without losing data.

It's not that I don't have free space (I have 43% free), just that it's
not all together. This should solve that issue, letting the installer
work it's magic w.r.t. re-partitioning the disc.

-Mike
----
  Mike.lifeguard
  mikelifeguard at fastmail.fm