Thinkfinger on Jaunty

Johann Spies jspies at sun.ac.za
Thu Apr 9 13:44:44 UTC 2009

Are there any plans to get Thinkfinger authentication to work on
Jaunty?

On 8.04 it worked without a problem.  On 8.10 it work as expected on
the console, but with gdm-authentication I had to push 'enter' . In
9.04 I could not get finger authentication to work at all.

But:

% tf-tool --verify

ThinkFinger 0.3 (http://thinkfinger.sourceforge.net/)
Copyright (C) 2006, 2007 Timo Hoenig <thoenig at suse.de>

Initializing... done.
Please swipe your finger (successful swipes 1/1, failed swipes:
0)... done.
Result: Fingerprint does match.

So it is not a thinkfinger problem but the authentication
mechanisms.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true,
      whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are
      just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things
      are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if
      there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think
      on these things."    Philippians 4:8