New to ubuntu

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 9 02:45:01 UTC 2009

On 04/08/2009 07:24 PM, Brian McKee wrote:

> As long as I'm on a roll - from a recent thread on this very list I'd
> not been follwing...
>
>> FYI, I ran bdscan on a 73Gb $HOME/mail file and after a few minutes the
>> box crashed with a cpu overtemp warning. The cpu is an AMD Athlon 5200.
>> It looks like I will have to break the scan into segments.

Oh come now Brian, use your head... the guy tryed scanning a *73Gb* mail
file and the scanner crashed. Perhaps the same would have happened with
ClamAV, or trying to open in gedit, or opening in Evolution, or opening
in Thunderbird, or...

> Find me an entry where somebody has found a linux virus with one!

Like I said; this discussion is better in a new thread or off-list.