DVD-Writer issues Ubuntu Linux

Mihai Tanasescu mihai at duras.ro
Wed Apr 8 21:35:15 UTC 2009

Mihai Tanasescu wrote:

>>> Rephrase that...the DVD gets written at 12X, I can see the files on
>>> it..(I tried with a movie), but I can't play it..seems to be corrupted.
>>> This is no fun I'm afraid.
>>>
>>> Any solutions ?
>>> I'd hate installing Windows in a VirtualBox for having full
>>> functionality in Linux.
>>>

>> I'm still mistaken about something after making more tests.
>> Seems that with the integrated Nautilus CD-Burner everything works ok.
>>
>> What could be causing K3B and Brasero to fail ?
>>

> And now for the final conclusions:)
>
> I am dumb...
> Seems that at 12x it works also with Brasero and K3B so the problem
> was really the media, although forum digging showed some similar
> issues in the past which were related to the DVD Writer firmware and
> such.
>

> Sorry for causing unnecessary traffic.

And again..some other tests and the final ones..
Apparently anything k3b, brasero, gnome baker related fails in writing
any DVD be it DVD+R, or be it DVD+RW.

On the other side the builtin Nautilus Writer works as good as Nero did
in Windows.

How can I get K3B and the others to work ?
I suspect the problem is somewhat related to the underlying tools they
are using...particularly growisofs, etc.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long suite of contradictory emails
on this topic..I was just being over enthusiastic about my findings.