GoogleEarthLinux Problem...

Lucio M Nicolosi lmnicolosi at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 20:31:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:
> Larry Shields wrote:
>> *I am running Jaunty, and have tried to run Google Earth, it comes
>> up, but it seems to be crashing each time that I try...
>>
>> Has anyone else used it with Jaunty and have had any luck with
>> it...???
>>
>> I'd like to know what you've done to get it to work...
>
> You didn't say which version you are using. I used the one from the
> medibuntu repository and it worked (albeit sloooooow).
> <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu>
>

> Nils

I'm running GoogleEarth on Jaunty with no problems so far.

Already had a previous version running on 8.10 i386.

Didn't bother to remove [users]/.googleearth

My /home directory is shared between the 32 and 64 installs.

Downloaded the last version from Google:

          googleearth_5.0.11337.1968+0.5.4.1-1_amd64.deb

loaded googleearth-package 0.5.4.1 from Synaptic.

         Ran googleearth-package in the g*.deb directory

Against all odds it worked.

--
Lucio M Nicolosi, Eng. - Sao Paulo - Brazil
skype: lmnicolosi1