how to try dev builds in Debian and Ubuntu and purge them if needed

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 7 19:54:48 UTC 2009

On 04/07/2009 12:34 PM, H.S. wrote:
> NoOp wrote:

>> But that link uses bouncer, so you may end up on a server in chile or
>> some other unloaded location. I typically use the Extended mirrors
>> closed to me instead:
>>
>> http://download.openoffice.org/next/other.html#dev2
>> then
>> http://distribution.openoffice.org/mirrors/#mirrors
>> select one with an 'E' near you & then look in
>> /extended/developer/ for /DEV300_m44/
>
> Yes, I did try that, but the "300" in DEV300 put me off. Isn't that for
> 3.0? I was looking for something like DEV320 (similar to DEV310 that we
> have for upcoming 3.1).

No, I guarantee that it's 3.2(dev). The 300 is the new milestone naming,
so don't worry about that. After install you will find this in the
versionrc:

[Version]
AllLanguages=en-US
buildid=300m44(Build:9392)
ExtensionUpdateURL=http://updateext.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
OOOBaseVersion=3.2
ProductBuildid=9392
ProductMajor=300
ProductMinor=44
ProductSource=DEV300
UpdateID=OOo-dev_3_en-US
UpdateURL=http://update34.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update?pkgfmt=deb
UpdateUserAgent=<PRODUCT> (${buildid}; ${_OS}; ${_ARCH};
BundledLanguages=${AllLanguages})