Thunderbird's slow scrolling

Dirk Freitag unreal.linux at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:35:37 UTC 2009

J. Limon wrote:
> Anyone else experience that Thunderbird is extremely slow when scrolling
> through an Inbox? Perhaps THIS inbox? (The one you're looking at.)
>
> For me, when I'm on a mailing list inbox, scrolling through the message
> list is painful at best. The messages themselves load fine because I
> have Thunderbird download all messages locally to save bandwidth (I'm
> using fastmail.fm IMAP) but the message list column's scrolling is
> dreadfully slow.
>
> Google says I'm not the only one, just wondering if anyone has any insight.

I also have a very slow scrolling rate in Thunderbird.  It has to do
with the sheer number of message in the folder.  My sent folder is not
nearly the size of my inbox folder, and the scrolling is not as slow in
the sent folder.  The more messages that are in the folder, the slower
the scroll rates will be.  Hope this helps.

--
Dirk Freitag
Linux Registered User Number 487244          [http://counter.li.org/]

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: