SELinux gnome-system-monitor warnings

J. Limon jlimon at eml.cc
Mon Apr 6 18:18:43 UTC 2009

Kyle Smith wrote:
> Does it stop gnome-system-monitor from working?
>
> *Kyle Smith*
> UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator
>

> J. Limon wrote:
>> When you run gnome-system-monitor from terminal it throws an error:
>>
>> ** (gnome-system-monitor:21999): WARNING **: SELinux was found but is
>> not enabled.
>>
>> Google says it's a known bug for some time, but I kind of figured it'd
>> be fixed in Jaunty by now.
>>
>> I do know installing SELinux would "fix" it, but a normal desktop has no
>> real use for SELinux.

I guess I should've specified that.. it runs fine, it just throws that
warning which leads me to believe it was compiled with that option but
not enabled on my system. (or most systems by default)

Maybe it must be this way to support SELinux, but that sucks.

--
"If a problem can be solved there is no use worrying about it. If it can't be solved, worrying will do no good."