Jaunty beta - lost my nvidia drivers

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 11:48:29 UTC 2009

sdavmor wrote:
> I'm back to using the open drivers right now because the latest update
> crashed the nvidia video on reboot.  Downgrading the proprietary
> drivers from 180 to 173 doesn't help. I see that this xorg issue has
> been reported with ATI.  Has anyone else experienced this vith nvidia?

    I guess you must have received a new kernel in the updates. You want
to load the exact nvidia driver you need.

    In a terminal please type lspci and report back here with your video
hardware name. It will be found with lspci. In fact use:

$ sudo lspci -vvn

since this gives a nice presentation.

Karl

--