HTML Editor

Mon Apr 6 09:59:10 UTC 2009

Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>>> Never used vi (well, I tried to in the early 90's, but I thought it
>>> was too complicated so I continued using Emacs instead). What can it
>>> do that Emacs can't?
>> Heh. I don't think I've ever managed to get out of emacs without pulling
>> the plug on the box, let alone make any meaningful adjustment to a file...
>> It is on my list of things to learn, though. Big downside of Vim is that
>>  whenever I use anything else I end up with :w appearing all over the
>> document...
>
> Looks to me that it's more a question about what you are used to
> rather than what is best…

Oh yeah, I think most people are aware of that. I hope so, at least.
I only started using Vim because everyone told me to use Emacs...

> I never understood this war thing anyway. Why not just let people use
> whatever they want?

Tradition. Where there's a choice, there's impassioned argument over
which is the correct choice.
I think it's down to the kinds of people making the choice, and the
generally scientific way they go about doing it that makes computers so
prone to them.

--
Avi Greenbury :) http://aviswebsite.co.uk