URL's in a e-mail msg will not startup firefox...???

Larry Shields larryesu at charter.net
Sat Apr 4 12:25:02 UTC 2009

Sundar Nagarajan wrote:
> Larry Shields wrote:
>
>> *Here is my problem, when someone sends a URL in a e-mail msg, when I
>> click on it, it will not bring up firefox...
>>
>> I am using Thunderbird as my mail client, now can anyone tell me what I
>> need to do for it to work...???
>>
>> Thanks for any help on this...
>>
>> Larry
>>

> Open the config editor in Thunderbird (under
> Edit-->Preferences-->Advanced --> Config Editor) and edit the following
> keys setting them to /usr/bin/firefox
>
> network.protocol-handler.app.http
> network.protocol-handler.app.https

*Hello Sundar,

Thanks for the input concerning this problem, I looked in the advanced
area in the config editor, but did not see the
network.protocal-handler.app.http nor https...

Am I supposed to add those to the files...???

At anyrate, I just downloaded TB via synaptic, everything is working
just fine...

Thanks again for the reply...

Larry
*