wine

Justin eqisow at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 18:51:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Kjetil Halvorsen <kjetil1001 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hola!
>
> I'm trying to install maple under wine.  have windows installers for maple,
> and want to install under wine.
> When looking at the cdrom in a windows pc, there is a subdirectory
> /windows.
> But when looking on the cd in ubuntu, even directly from wine, this
> drectory does not show up?!!
> What is happening? What to do?
>
> Kjetil

It may or may not do what you need, but in Linux I used wxMaxima

http://wxmaxima.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

To actually get Maple working, however, you could try copying the contents
of the entire CD to a flash drive or similar from Windows, then installing
it from that in Linux. The CD could be in an odd format that only reads
properly in Windows.