wine

Kjetil Halvorsen kjetil1001 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 16:32:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 12:09, Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Kjetil Halvorsen <kjetil1001 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hola!
> >
> > I'm trying to install maple under wine.  have windows installers for
> maple,
> > and want to install under wine.
> > When looking at the cdrom in a windows pc, there is a subdirectory
> /windows.
> > But when looking on the cd in ubuntu, even directly from wine, this
> drectory
> > does not show up?!!
> > What is happening? What to do?
> >

> What is Maple?  If you mean Maple Story don't bother, it doesn't work
> under Wine yet.  Its something to do with the Anti-Cheating software
> that's included with it that doesn't work in Wine yet.  If not, please
> clarify.
>
> I'm not certain why you are seeing different content on the CD in both
> Windows and Linux.  WINE isn't an emulator like VMware, it provides an
> API environment under Linux for Windows software without emulation and
> thus there are some programs which aren't fully compatible with it
> yet.  WINE is improving all the time though.  The developers, testers
> and users of WINE maintain a database of software that does and
> doesn't work under WINE on the software's website: www.winehq.org
>
> If that program is not the aforementioned Maple Story, have you
> actually tried installing it to see if it will work?

maple is a symbolic mathematics program, and it is listed in winehq appdb.
I could'nt try to install, since the installer does'nt show up in the file
browser"

Kjetil

> --
> Michael "TheZorch" Haney
> thezorch at gmail.com
> http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home
> Skype: thezorch (Voice and/or Chat)
> AIM: thezorch at gmail.com
> Yahoo IM: zorchhaney
> ICQ: 343230252
> GoogleTalk: thezorch
> MSN Messeger: haneymichael at hotmail.com
> Free Your Computer from the Tyranny of Microsoft www.ubuntu.com

"Mathematics is not the rigid and rigidity-producing schema that the layman
thinks it is; rather, in it we find ourselves at that meeting point of
constraint and freedom that is the very essence of human nature."
                                    - Hermann Weyl