K3b no CD/DVD writer error.

Dirk Freitag unreal.linux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 05:32:19 UTC 2009

NoOp wrote:
> On 04/02/2009 12:22 PM, Dirk Freitag wrote:
>
>> I thought I had mentioned it, but I looked at my email, and I didn't.
>> This is a USB drive.  Will that make a difference?
>>

> Don't know... I've a USB CD Writer, but it has an old 1x/4x drive in it
> & I've not fired it up for a long time. Someone with a 'modern' CD/DVD
> writer may be able to assist. However, I'd pay attention to which USB
> ports that you have it connected to - make sure that it's the closest
> port to the motherboard & not an extended port to the front of the machine.

The cdrom requires that it be plugged into both USB ports.  It has one
of those y cables so that you can do this.  I plug the main male usb
connector into the port closest to the motherboard though.

--
Dirk Freitag
Linux Registered User Number 487244          [http://counter.li.org/]

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: