Edubuntu 8.04 query

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 04:42:11 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> wrote:

> If Edubuntu was available as a LiveDVD image, if it is too big to put on
> a LiveCD, it would probably have been workable.

Theoretically, you could arrive with a laptop containing the 2nd ISO
mounted and shared via NFS, and grab the second disk from there - IE
boot the machine from the live CD, then install the "extra" packages
(into RAM) from your NFS share.

I agree a live DVD would be easier, but surely there's a way to do a
live demo of edubuntu without having to install to hard disk.   I
could be wrong, but then again I've done full installs of CentOS from
NFS - so it seems possible at least.

Just a thought...

Chris