Jaunty updates

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 3 01:40:43 UTC 2009

--- On Thu, 4/2/09, Shannon McMackin <smcmackin at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Shannon McMackin <smcmackin at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Jaunty updates
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 7:45 PM
> On 04/01/2009 12:15 AM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> >

> > --- On Tue, 3/31/09, Karl F.
> Larsen<klarsen1 at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >
> >> From: Karl F. Larsen<klarsen1 at gmail.com>
> >> Subject: Jaunty updates
> >> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for
> general
> discussions"<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> >> Date: Tuesday, March 31, 2009, 5:06 PM
> >> There seems to be a problem with the servers for
> Jaunty
> >> updates and
> >> installs. I tried to install joe and thunderbird
> and both
> >> came back with
> >> no such packages. When I started the update
> manager it said
> >> the raw Beta
> >> is up to date.
> >>
> >> Karl
> >>

> > What does "When I started the update manager it
> said the raw Beta is up to date." have to do with
> installing "joe" and "thunderbird"?
> > What does "aptitude search joe thunderbird"
> > show on your Jaunty? The names may be different but
> the search show what they are.
> >
> > Leonard Chatagnier
> > lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
> >

> Karl has a bad habit of not providing feedback when people
> provide
> suggestions...

Yes, I know-:)) Have been reading the list
for quite some time. Quite a melodrama at times. I know Karl knows about the show and search commands in aptitude and apt-cache but I don't know if he uses them when he should. Staying on the topic, saying what he has actually done and providing feedback would be a welcomed change and allow the list to provide him the best of help.
Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net