offlineimap: md5 deprecation warning

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Thu Apr 2 23:31:55 UTC 2009

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 17:22:16 -0600
"Karl F. Larsen" <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Derek Broughton wrote:
> > Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> >>     I did not have that problem, but I put in a bug about Jaunty
> >> wireless performance and it appears the current kernel has a
> >> problem. If you plan to provide a wired Internet then this problem
> >> is not bad.
> >
> > Sheesh, Karl, there you go again.  It's NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!  This
> > isn't remotely related to your problem.  I have no trouble
> > believing that there really is a wifi problem _related to your
> > particular driver_, but that is no more likely to affect the
> > average Ubuntu user than your problems with HP are to affect the
> > average HP computer user.
>     And YOU have not a thing to know of what your talking about. The
> 240 updates ruin Jaunty and we the ones working the bug I submitted
> are trying to fix. It is coming along well so far.
>

> Karl

I have to say, intalling 8 versions of Jaunty a day, I do not find any
problem with updates breaking Jaunty. I have run 10 upgrades from
intrepid to jaunty, 5 upgrades from hardy to intrepid to jaunty, and
one from 7.10 to 8.04 to 8.10 to Jaunty. I have not had any break.
Perhaps it is my hardware that lets everything work right.

--
Charlie Kravetz