Thoughts about finding viruses in email inboxes

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 2 21:29:31 UTC 2009

On 04/02/2009 01:34 PM, David M. Karr wrote:

> I believe I have version 3.0.0.8050 installed now.
>
> Could you give me a little hint on how to set this up so I can just run a scan
> when I want to? The configuration documentation seems a little unclear on how to
> achieve just that, without completely integrating it. I don't have a mail server
> on my box (which seems like the assumption from the docs), I'm just reading mail
> from a remote IMAP server.
>
> I see no obvious command-line interface for this.

For the gui: Applications|System Tools|Bit Defender (note: you may have to:

$ sudo update-menus
$ killall gnome-panel

to get it to show up).

If you still don't see it in the menus:

$ bdgui

*Please* do not use the 'Delete' function unless you understand that it
will delete the *entire file* that it found a problem in! If you need
added help, drop me a note off list.

Gary