JFS filesystem corruption and jfs_fsck

Michael Peek peek at tiem.utk.edu
Wed Apr 1 20:48:41 UTC 2009

Hi gurus,

I have a server with a JFS filesystem on it that's gotten corrupted.
Maybe I just don't know how to use jfs_fsck, but it doesn't seem to be
doing the trick.  It prints out lots of filesystem errors but apparently
doesn't repair them.  Attached is a log of the output from jfs_fsck.
The exit code from jfs_fsck is 134.

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

I'm using the version of jfs that is shipped with ubuntu 8.10 server
amd64: 1.1.12-1

Thanks in advance,

Michael