Jaunty updates

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 10:35:46 UTC 2009

Larry Shields wrote:
> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
>>     There seems to be a problem with the servers for Jaunty updates and
>> installs. I tried to install joe and thunderbird and both came back with
>> no such packages. When I started the update manager it said the raw Beta
>> is up to date.
>>
>> Karl
>>

> *Hi Karl - - This morning I installed JOE, plus a few other programs in
> Jaunty* *with no problem at all...
>
> The one thing that I found out is that GLABLES for which I use is not
> listed in synaptic, yet it is in my Intrepid version...Wounder why,
> anyone...???
>
> Larry
> *

Blushing, I found MY problem. For some reason, the reformat of the
partition that Jaunty is in on my laptop did not work. The new install I
did was on top of the old one. This caused all the problems.

    This morning I reformat the partition using the partition editor and
then reformat when installing again, and now the system is working fine.
I have apt-get joe, thunderbird, g++ and vlc all with success.

    Next I will update the Beta to whatever it is today.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User