printers for UBUNTU?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 10:21:07 UTC 2009

> At the risk of defending Lexmark - they're network printers are most
> certainly compatible as most of them do Postscript and IPP natively
> (along with many other standards, e.g. IBM mainframe stuff etc etc).

I don't think that I've ever seen a Lexmark network printer, and I was
in the market for a network printer recently. At least in my nation,
they are not marketed.

> I'm disappointed they stopped putting out CUPS ppd files for some
> reason and instead came up with their own 'custom' printing
> application - but it's most certainly linux compatible (albeit clunky
> and ugly)
>
> Me, I take the Win2K PPD files, dump 'em in CUPS and they work top drawer.

I've never even thought of that, nice! Can you get that off the driver
disk? How does that handle special functions, like dual-sided
printing?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com