Name conflict (tripwire: /usr/sbin/siggen, siggen: /usr/bin/siggen)

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Wed Apr 1 00:37:52 UTC 2009

Ben Okopnik wrote:

This is /not/ the Ubuntu bug-tracking system.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ is.

> Just as described in the subject, there are two conflicting app names in
> these two packages - so entering "siggen" has arbitrary results
> depending on what's installed.

No, it certainly does not.  Path resolution is anything but arbitrary.
 Your shell will always run the first siggen in your path regardless f
how many you have installed.  Now, it might be convenient if they had
different names, but this is not a real bug, in my opinion.

Matt Flaschen