how to play .swf file on ubuntu, hardy

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Tue Sep 30 21:36:12 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 30 September 2008 21:39, Lie Ryan wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 21:30:20 +0200, Nils Kassube wrote:
> > Nigel Henry wrote:
> >> I believe this comes down to a serious communication problem that
> >> people have today. If you are speaking face to face with someone, you
> >> can say, "Can you help me?", and get an instant response of, perhaps,
> >> "What's the problem?", and so on. The same goes for IM, or IRC, but
> >> perhaps "Can you help me?" on an IRC channel would get some choice
> >> replies.
> >
> > While I mostly agree with what you wrote, I would like to mention that
> > the question was a bit more verbose. It was "how to play .swf file on
> > ubuntu, hardy" "Can you help me?". Granted, the first part was only the
> > subject of the mail, but it was there. And there were even replies with
> > appropriate answers.
> >

> > Nils
>
> Several days ago, someone said I think it's in another newsgroup) that in
> Usenet, you have to assume that the newsreader cannot read the subject
> line, thus the message body has to contain everything.

I think that it's true to say that if you set a subject line that makes sense,
you should repeat it in the body of the message, so that the reader of the
message understands the question, or whatever, but it appears that many
posters to mailing lists don't have any idea how to even construct a subject
line.

Just some observations.

Nigel.