Printing in Ubuntu 8.04

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Sep 28 11:25:26 UTC 2008

Rob wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> Can anyone shed any light on why printing seems to be such rocket
> science with Linux?  I have been using Linux for a good number of years,
> beginning with much earlier versions of Red Hat, then Mandrake and
> finally now, Ubuntu 8.04.  I have always had problems with printing and
> once again with Ubuntu, I am not able to print.  I have 5 documents in
> queue to print but they are not printing.  Not sure what else I can add
> to a description of this problem other than in the Document Print Status
> box, my printer is correctly identified as an HP Deskjet 6940...
>
> Any clues would be welcome.
>
> Many thanks,
> Rob

    How about a clue as to the computer your using and the printer type
and name, how the printer is attached to the computer will help.

    As for printing I have had more trouble getting my wifes printer to
work in Windows. My Made in China Laser Printer works just great with
Ubuntu. No Problems of any sort.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI