Moonlight?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 27 00:26:22 UTC 2008

On 09/26/2008 05:17 PM, Jim Smith wrote:
> I installed the Moonlight 0.8 plugin ver.2.0 into Firefox 3.0.3. When
> trying to play a stream it will bring up a nice looking player but that
> is all. The player says it is transferring information from....., but no
> actual playback. I am aware that Moonlight is experimental and under
> heavy development at this time and therefore not too much is to be
> expected. Has anyone had success with this plugin?
>
> Jim

Nope. I tried to get it to work during the Olympics because the nbc.com
required Silverlight to view any of their videos and had zero luck. I
then figured that I'd be 'smart' and try Silverlight from my VirtualBox
Win2KPro installation... only to find out that MS's Silverlight only
works on WinXP and above.  Good luck & if you do have any sucess
w/Moonlight please post back with the solution.