where can I get the latest source.list

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 13:09:30 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 5:49 AM, loody <miloody at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all:
> My source list seems pretty old, since I cannot get some packages I want.
> Could someone tell me where I can find the latest source.list?

Depends on what version of Ubuntu you are using.

You really can't get "new" sources lists - that sources list you have
is tied to a particular distribution. If you are running something
older than Hardy, you can get "new" sources lists by changing all the
references to Hardy, doing an aptitude update and an aptitude
dist-upgrade. That'll get you new versions of the programs and
libraries you are using now, plus let you install files from a newer
distribution.

You really don't want to mix and match files from different distributions.