Connecting a Projector

Michael Welle mwe012008 at gmx.net
Thu Sep 25 08:50:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

"Fajar Priyanto" <fajarpri at arinet.org> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Michael Welle <mwe012008 at gmx.net> wrote:
[...]
> Yes, Linux still has wayyyy to go in getting Projector to work
yepp, there is always room for improvement. But how often do you see
people with their shiny windos- or macos- based notebooks fiddling with
their tools and the beamer minutes before the presentation should
start? Problems with the beamers resolution? [1] How often do you see
their presentation tools doing strange things during the show? Have
you ever seen a laptop going into a reboot cycle during the show? I
have, it's great fun (if you aren't the guy doing the presentation,
off course ;-). None of that nasty stuff has happened to me yet,
knocking on wood. Well, I've spent an awful lot of time to prepare my
tools. But now they work for me, no worries during the show.

Michael

[1] I forgot to mention, that the approach with the vncserver works
    around this.

--
biff4emacsen - A biff-like tool for (X)Emacs
http://www.c0t0d0s0.de/biff4emacsen/biff4emacsen.html