send email from command line

Neil Cherry ncherry at linuxha.com
Wed Sep 24 17:51:21 UTC 2008

mierda tuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well I don't explain to well.
>
> I have kubuntu 8,04 and I would like to send email for example to
> mierdatuti at gmail.com <mailto:mierdatuti at gmail.com>., because I don't
> know too much about how configure it, I 've saw that I have to configure
> a MTA (like postfix or sendmail) with relay host. My relay host is
> gmail. Could you say me how to configure it?

Take a look at my Sendmail/Gmail page:

http://www.linuxha.com/other/sendmail/gmail.html

It works very well for me. One day I'd like to get Sendmail working
with 1and1 (the hosting service I use). It's a lot more complex
to setup. I had it working okay at one point but something broke
(probably ssl certs or something similar).

> Many  thanks and sorry for my english!

Not a problem, as I only speak english your english is better than
any attempt I may try to speak your language. :-)

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at linuxha.com