Latest test version

Jim Rosser jarosser06 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 00:42:33 UTC 2008

Since it is still in Alpha i would suggest just using it on a vm and you can
download the latest from
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/
Im sure there is a way to upgrade from 8.04 to the latest alpha but i dont
know how well it actually goes maybe someone else on the list has.  I do
know that i have been using it since alpha 5 and it has been pretty smooth,
there have been a few bugs here and there but no show stoppers except for
the fact that flash 10 likes to flicker but you can easily install flash 9.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 7:32 PM, Keith Clark <keithclark at k-wbookworm.com>wrote:

> Jim Rosser wrote:
>
>> Im not sure exactly what you mean but yes im pretty sure you can do a
>> distro upgrade to the latest alpha version of Ubuntu.
>> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Keith Clark <keithclark at k-wbookworm.com<mailto:
>> keithclark at k-wbookworm.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    Does the latest version of Ubuntu....the test release of 8.10 I
>>    think.....install overtop of 8.04?  Is it just an update?
>>
>>    Keith
>>

>>    --
>>

>> --
>> Jim Rosser
>> Winchester Designs
>>
> Sorry, to clarify.  If I want to try the latest 8.10 release, how do I get
> it and can I install it over top of 8.04 or do I need to try it in a VM?

Jim Rosser
Winchester Designs